Beechworth’s most inspiring backyard vegetable gardens and fruit orchards open to the public – Ride from patch to patch, gather a clutch of knowledge, galvanise your green thumb & be inspired to grow your own food.
PATCH TO PATCH PEDAL – $10 adults, $5 kids, $20 family
- Head to the old Beechworth Railway Station to pick up your map then cycle to Beechworth’s most inspiring backyard veggie gardens – get to meet their creators.
- See how others have utilised raised beds, urban bee keeping, espailering, kid friendly gardens, mega composting, pizza gardening, no dig, organic pest managment, crop rotation and seed saving and all manner of other tricks that will inspire you to grow right with rosy cheeks.
- Ride length varies from 1 to 8km return with many gardens bar in the urban confines of Beechworth, so perfect for families with little kids.
Buy tickets on the day at the Patch to Patch Precinct @ The Old Beechworth Train Station from 8am
PATCH TO PATCH PRECINCT – Free entry @ the Old Beechworth Train Station, Railway Parade Beechworth
- Ticket sales, event check in and map pick up for Patch to Patch Pedal
- Pop Up Priory Local Cafe – awesome coffee and fuel for hungry gardeners. Local star Chef, Dan Saunders, and the crew from Beechworth Cafe ‘Priory Local’ will be serving up paddock to plate produce in a one day only Pop Up Cafe on the platform of the Beechworth Train Station – all aboard -
- Landcare tent bursting with information and free give aways – Organic Gardener magazines, local seasonal planting guides and Green Harvestbuying guides.
- Prisoners On the Run seedling sales – get your patch off to a thieving good start this season. Beechworth Correctional Facility expertly grow a huge range of veggie seedlings each year. Growing your own food is like printing your own money so come launder with us, the warden and the prisoners!
- Pop Up Patch – created especially for the day, four apple crates bursting with fully edible inspiration. In conjunction with the Beechworth Youth Group we’ll be creating a brand new veggie garden, set to become a youth group community veggie garden. Growing food is cool enough for kids to do it.