The AGM is 7.15pm, speakers are on as follows; 8.30 Graham Strong,
9.30 Colin Piggin,
We live in a time of enormous change. This is an oportunity to hear how landholders to the north of the Ovens catchment are managing.
Corowa Landcare group are holding their AGM and speaker night on Wednesday 10th October at Buraja Rec Reserve Hall. The AGM is 7.15pm, speakers are on as follows:
8.30 pm Graham Strong - Regeneration of 'Arcadia' Boree Creek
· Planted and direct seeded over 250,000 locally indigenous trees since1998. Established 120ha of Old Man Saltbush. Developed Seed Production areas
· Permeable low cost electric fencing
· Farm Gate lamb enterprise selling to butchers and top restaurants
· Maintenance of wool production without significant hand feeding over last 6 years
· Involvement of carbon trading and much more
9.30 pm Colin Piggin
· Colin is a member of the well known Piggin family. He is an Agronomist and has been working for the International Centre for Agricultural Research in Dry Areas, ICARDA, for the past two years. He has been a Researcher and Program leader for a range of projects on sustainable Agriculture in Syria and Iraq.
Supper provided: RSVP 6th October
Kerrie Ormond 0419418362