Lime Bugs and More Field Day
A SOIL HEALTH FIELD DAY
As part of the Soil Health: Soil Restoration to Improve Productivity
funded by National Landcare Program
coordinated by Ovens Landcare Network and presented by
GWYN JONES OF INTEGRATED AGRI-CULTURE P/L
The field days will be held at:
· Rutherglen on Monday 4 December at Colin Briggs’ Property and
· Mudgegonga on Tuesday 5 December at Les Brown’s property
Time: 9.15 for a 9.30 start to finish at 12.30 to be followed with light refreshment.
· Background to project - 12 Farmers each with 5 Limes & 5 lots of Biology
· Limes ain't Limes practical applications
· P: Rethink = Recycle [good] / Reuse [better] / Reduce [best]
· Hydrogen: Identifying your enemy
· Victorian State Acid Enquiring: The bad news
· Soil bugs & more: Practical experiences
· Dr W. Albrecht and soil balance
· Soil health management strategies
· When using E.N.V., why you can get it wrong!
· Why soil pH does not give you the full picture
Les Brown: Brown’s Road, Mudgegonga. CFA Map ref: 298 B8
From the Great Alpine Road in Myrtleford, take the Yackandandah Wodonga Road (C527).
After 14 kilometers, you will pass the Mudgegonga Hall on your left. Continue for another 4.5 kilometers. Proceed over Barwidgee Creek, and turn left down Brown’s Road under the power lines. The field day is 1 kilometer down Browns Road on the right hand side.
Field day signs will be located on the Yackandandah Wodonga Road and Brown’s Road on the day.
RSVP TO OVENS LANDCARE NETWORK
By Friday 1st December
For more information contact Sue Leavold Coordinator Ovens Landcare Network 03 57279266
Cost of the day is $5.00, to be paid on arrival - includes light refreshments
Please BYO Chair and request current field day notes if you are unable to attend
Toilets not available until we head for the hall at 11.30 am –Wet weather plans in place
Media Alert: Soil Health Annual Event Friday 23 March 2006, Whorouly