Lime Bugs and More Field Days at Rutherglen and Mudgegonga 4th and 5th December
A SOIL HEALTH FIELD DAY
As part of the Soil Health: Soil Restoration to Improve Productivity
funded by National Landcare Program
coordinated by Ovens Landcare Network and presented by
GWYN JONES OF INTEGRATED AGRI-CULTURE P/L
The field days will be held at:
- Rutherglen on Monday 4 December at Colin Briggs’ Property and
- Mudgegonga on Tuesday 5 December at Les Brown’s property
Time: 9.15 for a 9.30 start to finish at 12.30 to be followed with light refreshment.
· Background to project - 12 Farmers each with 5 Limes & 5 lots of Biology
· Limes ain't Limes practical applications
· P: Rethink = Recycle [good] / Reuse [better] / Reduce [best]
· Hydrogen: Identifying your enemy
· Victorian State Acid Enquiring: The bad news
· Soil bugs & more: Practical experiences
· Dr W. Albrecht and soil balance
· Soil health management strategies
· When using E.N.V., why you can get it wrong!
· Why soil pH does not give you the full picture
DIRECTIONS to Colin Briggs: Escort Bridge Road CFA Map ref: 226 F 32
From Wangaratta take the Three Chain Road signed to Corowa. Continue to the Murray Valley Highway crossroad, (signage Yarrawonga/ Wodonga). Turn left onto the highway signed to Yarrawonga. In 3 kilometres turn left into Estcourt Bridge Road (gravel surface) The field day is 3 kilometres down on your right hand side.
From Rutherglen, take Murray Valley Highway to Yarrawonga, turn left into Estcourt Bridge Road and follow directions above. Field day signs will be located on the Murray Valley Highway and Estcourt Bridge Road on the day.
RSVP TO OVENS LANDCARE NETWORK
by Friday 1st December
For more information contact Sue Leavold Coordinator Ovens Landcare Network 03 57279266
Cost of the day is $5.00, includes light refreshments.
Please request current field day notes if you are unable to attend
Please BYO chair - no toilets until we head to the hall at 11.30am.
Wet weather plans are in place for both venues
Media Alert: Soil Health Annual Event Friday 23 March 2006, Whorouly