Come and hear information on different types of bush and management options to protect and improve remnants.
· Jim Blackney (Trust For Nature- Regional Manager North-East)
· Mary Titcumb (Department of Sustainability and Environment)
· Kate Hill ( Department of Sustainability and Environment)
Structure of day:
Morning (9.30-12.30) Cudgewa Community Hall
· Different types of Bush & why this is important
· Management: assessing, weeds, grazing options, restoration & revegetation
· Assistance & funding available: Conservation Covenants, Bush Improvement Grants, Care of Remnants Incentive Scheme, Bush Tender etc.
· Farm visit to inspect a remnant area, discussion of management options and issues.
Lunch (12.30-1.30) Cudgewa Community Hall
· Tea-coffee and sandwiches provided
Afternoon (1.30-3.00) Site visit on crown land
· Bush types in more detail
· Common problems and issues associated with managing bushland areas
· Enhancing bushland
· Weed issues
RSVP: 27th of Feb
To RSVP or for Further information Contact:
Barton Roberts 02 6072 7502
Organised by: The Upper Murray Landcare Network