Fire recovery: Health, wellbeing and support

Managing emotions, stress and wellbeing after fire.

Department of Human Services

These links below go to Department of Human Services and provides information on how to maintain your health and well-being before, during and after emergencies such as bushfires:

Emergency Recovery and Relief Victoria

The Victorian Government through Emergency Recovery and Relief Victoria provides a range of support services and programs to assist families, businesses and farmers affected by emergencies across Victoria.

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning

The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) provides information on support services that can assist farmers after an emergency.


BlazeAid is volunteer-based organisation that works with families and individuals in rural Australia after natural disasters such as fires and floods. Working alongside the rural families, the volunteers help to rebuild fences and other structures that have been damaged or destroyed.

Catchment Management Authorities

Contact the Catchment Management Authority (CMA) in your region to see if they have funds that can assist landholders with fire recovery.

In Port Phillip and Western Port region also contact Melbourne Water as they have a range of funding to assist landholders with waterways.