BRING A SHOVEL
A SOIL HEALTH FIELD DAY
As part of the
Soil Health: Soil Restoration to Improve Productivity funded by
National Landcare Program, supported by North East CMA and DPI,
presented by Gwyn Jones of Integrated Agri-culture p/l
The field days will be held at:
* Markwood on Wednesday 23 August at Allan Wood’s property,
Time: 9.15 for a 9.30 start to finish at 12.30 to be followed with lunch.
BRING A SHOVEL to a SOIL HEALTH FIELD DAY
* How to open up soil for inspection
* How to do a quick soil checklist
* Learning from what you see
* Is soil a renewable resource?
* Weeds and what they tell
* The Five enemies of Soil Health
* Does good soil structure = profits?
* Soil Health: Where and why to start
* The Importance of Ground Cover
* Doing a cheap Magnesium test
* Soil Health the Gateway to Healthy Farming
Alan Wood, Markwood:
The Woods property is found at the CFA director reference map14, number 51, grid
reference 5666. The property can be found in a variety of ways.
From Wangaratta travel on the Great Alpine Road towards Bright,
300 meters west (Wangaratta side) of Everton turn right onto the Markwood Road and
travel about 3.5ks. The field day site is past the Woods home (Number 214 a cream
stucco concrete home) on the left. If travelling along the Snow Road from Oxley or
Milawa turn left at Markwood on the Markwood Road sign posted Everton,
travel about 1.5ks the field days site is on the right.
The field day site is clearly marked by the Markwood Regulator and field day signs.
Please park on the road.
RSVP TO OVENS LANDCARE NETWORK 0357282105
Cost of the day is $8.00, includes morning tea and a light lunch to be paid on arrival
Please come even if it rains.
Please request field day notes if you are unable to attend
Ovens Landcare Network