The Moorabool Catchment Landcare Group Inc. has grown into a strong and thriving group in recent years. Previously we were known as the East Moorabool Landcare Group, named after the river that flows through our area. The group has secured investment for a wide range of projects from weed control, seed collection, rabbit control, wildflower gardens, Southern Bent-wing bat conservation and large scale revegetation.
The group is always striving to establish new partnerships and projects, while maintaining the excellent relationships they have with Corangamite CMA, Moorabool Shire and Barwon Water.
It’s all about sharing and learning together for this group who offer a number of workshops, activities and field days for our members and the wider community. Recent events include:
- Indigenous Cultural Awareness
- Wetland enhancement and frog monitoring
- Environmental Photography
- How to enter data onto the Atlas of Living Australia database
- Pilot program for Gardens for Wildlife in Moorabool Shire
- Environmental DNAl information evening
- Camera monitoring for threatened species such as the phascogale