Healthy soils for sustainable farms programme workshop. Presenter: Tim Johnston and Shari Wallis DPI
- The importance of soil differences and the variability in soils
- The differences in key soil properties at the surface and at depth
- How the properties of soil affect what you want the soil to do
- The local major soil types in the region and how these relate to management
- The importance of soil structure
- Different forms of soil structure and what is good and bad soil structure
- Understand how to protect, maintain and improve soil structure.
Free workshop funded by DAFF FarmReady Industry Grant - Lismore Land Protection Group. Following the workshop free lunch will be provided. Please register by contacting Karen O'Keefe.