The Victorian Junior Landcare and Biodiversity Grants of up to $5,000 each (excl GST) are now available.
Applications are now open
Your school, group or organisation could be awarded up to $5,000 if you have a project that focuses on:
• Improving biodiversity through the development, improvement or restoration of habitat for Victoria’s native plants (flora) and animals (fauna), and/or
• Educating, involving, and engaging young people in valuing and actively caring for Victoria’s natural environment.
Projects can be direct-action (with an on-ground component), indirect action (with an education component), or a mixture of both.
Here are some tips to help you apply:
1. Check the guidelines and criteria to see if your project idea fits.
2. Start talking to your colleagues and get a project team together. Your project team may consist of teachers, parents, students, and collaborators such as your local Landcare group or ‘Friends of’ group or local indigenous nursery.
3. Work with your project team to clearly develop your project idea, including the educational and environmental outcomes you expect to achieve.
4. Make sure your project gets students involved.
5. Develop a detailed and realistic budget.
6. Include pictures, maps, drawings or anything else that’ll help bring your application to life.
7. Click here to read a couple of case studies of successful Junior Landcare Biodiversity Grant Projects.
Applications close on Friday 20th July 2018
Do you have a question? Please check out our FAQs here, and if they don’t answer your question, you can email our grants team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll be able to help you.
For more information, click here.