The Australian Government is providing a total of $20 million for the Volunteer Grants 2018 round, which opened on 7 August and will close on 18 September 2018.
These grants aim to support the efforts of volunteers by providing small amounts of funding that community groups can use to help their volunteers.
Funding available: grants of between $1,000 and $5,000
Funding is to be used to:
• purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers,
• contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs,
• contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive,
• assist with the costs of training courses, and
• undertake background screening checks for volunteers.
The eligible equipment items that may be funded includes: computers/lap tops, printers/scanners, computer software, external hard drives, cameras, projectors, first aid kits, planting tools, back pack sprayers, brush cutters, storage cabinets, demountable shelves etc.
See guidelines https://www.fundingcentre.com.au/grant/G01906/guidelines for a comprehensive list of eligible and ineligible items.
Eligible organisations: must be Australian not-for-profit organisations or community groups whose volunteers’ work supports families and/or communities in Australia.
Applications close: 18 September 2018 @ 2pm
More information, guidelines & application form:
Application form: https://www.fundingcentre.com.au/grant/G01906/apply
• Phone: 1800 020 283
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org