This grant program has been established to support youth-friendly initiatives with a focus on invasive pest and weed issues in Victoria.
The program aims to increase young people’s participation in community environmental projects and encourage new ideas and innovations in the invasive species challenge. Funding can be used to support the engagement of young people in existing groups and initiatives, or to develop new youth-focused initiatives.
Applications close: 5pm on 30 September 2019
Funding available: grants between $5,000 and $15,000 (ex GST).
Who can apply: open to community groups, education providers and local councils, with a focus on projects that connect with young people and develop their skills, and deliver broader benefits for local communities.
How to apply:
• Read the program guidelines
• Contact the Grants Program Coordinator if you have questions about your application: Lauren Hull, 0472 876 695, email@example.com
• Download the application form and complete all sections.
• Successful grants announced – November 2019
• Projects undertaken – November 2019 to June 2020
Inspiration and ideas: there’s lots of projects underway that are boosting youth participation in environmental initiatives. If you’re looking for a starting point for your invasive species work, here’s just a few projects that have been proposed.
More info: contact Lauren Hull 0472 876 695 or firstname.lastname@example.org