Learn more about cooking, eating and growing pears.
Pears are grown in the Goulburn Valley each year and SPC Ardmona package and send these delicious items off to export.
Eat more pears support the Horticulture Industry.
DRAFT AGENDA - subject to change
1. Diversification, Sustainability and Survival in Agriculture
Demonstration “tents” on the day irrigation techniques, Integrated Pest management IPM information.
- Adopting new techniques on the orchard, and soil monitoring updates on moisture measurements, Fertilizer use changes, mulching etc Maximising yields,
- Drought survival video- “A Step Forward” and councillors provided
2, Involvement of the broader community, community capacity building
· Info sessions on , Finance, Super,
· Centrelink assistance set up small groups of farmers sharing ideas and problems,
· Landcare management program information EMS
- Health men’s, women’s’ GNE, GV community Health mental health,
- Worksafe, WorkCover,
- Education-TAFE , schools
- Value adding businesses
4 Activities for children on the day
· Dress the pear, have pears on a table with craft items, food items, activities for children, ask the infants teachers for assistance.
· “Packy” the pear will have a guest appearance at a specific time advertised.
· “Bugs on a Bus” -would be involved, provided by the Landcare for children providing further entertainment
- Restaurants in the 2 Weeks prior will be asked to “present a Pear dish” within guidelines and a prize, trophy- perpetual- could be offered to the best, voted by the people who attend. Vouchers could be organised in the Shepp News, Advertiser, country News, Tat guardian etc. or celebrity chef could be invited to attend this to be the judge if needed.