BRING A SHOVEL
A SOIL HEALTH FIELD DAY
As part of the
Soil Health: Soil Restoration to Improve Productivity funded by
National Landcare Program, supported by North East CMA and DPI,
presented by Gwyn Jones of Integrated Agri-culture p/l
The field day will be held at:
* Tallangatta on Tuesday 22 August, Peter and Marie Kirk’s property,
Time: 9.15 for a 9.30 start to finish at 12.30 to be followed with lunch.
BRING A SHOVEL to a SOIL HEALTH FIELD DAY
* How to open up soil for inspection
* How to do a quick soil checklist
* Learning from what you see
* Is soil a renewable resource?
* Weeds and what they tell
* The Five enemies of Soil Health
* Does good soil structure = profits?
* Soil Health: Where and why to start
* The Importance of Ground Cover
* Doing a cheap Magnesium test
* Soil Health the Gateway to Healthy Farming
Peter and Marie Kirk’s, Tallangatta
Driving from Tallangatta on the Tallangatta - Corryong Road, after 7– 8kms (ignore the Omeo turn off) turn right into Yabba Road. Travel 4kms along Yabba Road and turn Left into Spring Creek Road, after 6kms you come to the second Wrights-French Road turn off (you will pass the first turn into Wrights-French Road and cross a wooden bridge), turn right into the second Wrights French Road, if you come to the end of the bitumen you have travelled to far. Cross 3 ramps and pass through 2 sets of gates (opened) the field day site is at the cattle yards and shed to the left.
RSVP TO OVENS LANDCARE NETWORK 0357282105
Cost of the day is $8.00, includes morning tea and a light lunch to be paid on arrival
Please come even if it rains and BYO chair
Please request field day notes if you are unable to attend
Ovens Landcare Network