Soil Restoration to improve productivity with Gwyn Jones, an initiative of the Ovens Landcare Network, funded through the National Landcare Program and supported by NECMA and DPI.
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL by 30 05 06 contact Ovens Landcare coordinator 03 5728 2105
Themes to include:
• The link between productive farming & soil biology
• Are you looking after your underground livestock?
• How to increase Phosphorous levels by five times
• Healthy Soil & Biodiversity a Winning Team
• Dung Beetles – No …….. !
• Soil Biology – Safety in Numbers
• Carbon; Giving it “Credit”
• Is Compost the King of Fertilisers?
• Biology the “extra hands” of your plants root systems
• What was Charles Darwin’s last book on?
• The sustainable debate:
o Diesel Power v’s Bug Power
• Soil Biology “Must Knows”
The Humphrey’s place is approximately 5 km South of Springhurst town. If you are travelling from Wangaratta on the freeway to Wodonga, turn right into Cemetery Road which is about 15ks from Wangaratta, then take the second turn right (1/2 km) from freeway. Travel a further 1.5km to property entrance on the left. 15 cars can be parked around the house; the rest must be parked on the dirt road verge.
Bookings are essential Ovens Landcare coordinator 0357282105 by 30.5.06
Cost for the day is $8.00 which includes morning tea and a light lunch to be paid on arrival
As part of the Soil Health: Soil Restoration to Improve Productivity funded by
National Landcare Program coordinated by Ovens Landcare Network
Please request field day notes if you are unable to attend
Please come even if it rains as wet weather plans are in place,
BYO chair if attending Humphrey field day.