Cleaning up weeds at the indigenous food and fibre area
We have to tackle weeds to allow this year's plants to grow as well as prepare for a planting of murnong in early 2022. We do have a serious weed attack happening. Gorse, wild radish, thistles, flat weeds and erodium are our major weeds needing to be restricted. Under our 4 year Landcare Partnerships Program grant from Mount Alexander Shire Council, we have 1 day of spraying before the end of October - so the more we can get done before then, the more the contractor can focus on those other things we cannot get out ourselves.
So grab your favourite weeding tool (and we'll have some tools as well) and come along on Sunday.
PARKING AND ACCESS
1. Gumboots: You can park on Happy Valley Rd or the little car park at the end of Verlin St. Then just walk 100m along the walking track. But the creek may not be low enough to cross without good gumboots.
2. No gumboots: instead of coming along Happy Valley Rd, you can take the highway towards Melbourne, then take the first track left after crossing the creek and park behind the houses - you can walk down a steepish grade and approach the planting area from the south. See rough map below.
WHAT TO BRING
Bring your own mask, cup, drinking water, gloves, etc. If you wish to, bring your own morning tea or bring something to share (under COVID-safe handling).
As per usual practice -
• don't come if you have any COVID symptoms,
• obviously, don't come from Melbourne;
• obey social distancing and wear a mask;
• we will make sure we follow COVID guidelines;
• sign in for insurance purposes by sending an email to our RSVP address above