Calling all Volunteers and Nature Enthusiasts
A number of events are being held during Landcare Week.
We invite the community to join us, at 1 or all of these events.
JOIN THE BDPO LANDCARE GROUP FOR LANDCARE WEEK ACTIVITIES
Livingstone Park Omeo
• Monday 2nd September: 9:30 am – 3:00 pm *****FREE BBQ LUNCH PROVIDED*****
• The ORBTA have 400 native trees and shrubs to plant, to improve platypus habitat and bank stabilisation.
• Meet beside The Creek, in between Bazeley and Creek Streets.
• The Alpine School and the Omeo Primary School students will also be helping.
• Jobs include: digging, planting, setting up cardboard guards, hammering stakes & watering.
Lake Omeo, Benambra
• Tuesday 3rd September: 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
• We’ll walk through the area that the Benambra Youth Group and local community planted out July 2018.
• We’ll discuss what’s grown, replace, weed and water trees and shrubs. Supported by the Lake Omeo Committee of Management. Meeting opposite Pauline’s house. Morning tea provided.
Hinnomunjie Bridge, Omeo Valley
• Tuesday 3rd September: 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
• Revisit, replace, weed and water, trees and shrubs planted by the Alpine School students, Friends of the Mitta & Landcare. Meeting at the camping and rafting take-out area. Afternoon tea provided.
Swifts Creek P-12
• The P-12 students, including VCAL, will plant over 300 understory plants on their school grounds. The students are planting shrubs to improve habitat for smaller animals and encourage more pollinators. Please contact Michael Cawley for more information.
Please RSVP for catering purposes. Wear sturdy foot wear and bring a coat, drink bottle and favourite digging tools. Some tools will be provided. For more information, please contact Lisa Lee at email@example.com or phone 0439 591 868 or email the ORBTA at firstname.lastname@example.org