With the start of the new financial year, it is time to renew your membership of the Dixons Creek Landcare Group or, if not a member, to join up!
Annual fee has been reduced to
$20 per household
Recent and current activities
- Pasture renovation field workshop
- Work experience projects for Years 10 – 12 agriculture students
- Blackberry control spraying through the NYBAG program
- Support for the Babbajin Wildlife Shelter
- Working bees at the Reserve
- Building of a Landcare Shed
- Support for Dixons Creek Primary School community day
- School volunteer assistance for a variety of tasks
- Working with Yarra Glen Mens Shed to build Nest Boxes
We will shortly be helping the Dixons Creek Primary School to establish herb garden beds.
This is the last year of current funding for blackberry eradication subsidies. Ongoing membership of the Landcare Group is a requirement to be eligible these subsidies.
Benefits of Membership include
- Discounts from a range of local suppliers on presentation of membership card
- Free use of spray equipment...Includes the Network’s 600litre spray trailer, a 200litre unit and 50litre units and backpacks
- Gardening equipment & tools available to borrow
- Volunteer Assistance Program – Help with anything from clearing up your block, wood stacking, planting and mulching
- ‘The DC Diggings’ Monthly newsletter – Landcare updates, local events and activities
- Social activities – meet with like minded locals
As a community group, we need your support and welcome your input and ideas for future activities.
We welcome and encourage representation from the 'younger generations' not only on the committee but also to move the group forward.
Our Annual General Meeting is on Tuesday July 28th at 7.00pm in the Dixons Creek Reserve Pavilion....all welcome.