With David Stewart from Small Farm Services Victoria
Pasture Renovation Field Day with David Stewart from Small Farm Services Victoria
Small property management has its own specific requirements. This field day offers all landowners the chance to discuss pasture management and get independent answers, especially those new to farming or anyone thinking their paddocks might need some attention.
David Stewart is the former manager of the Small Landholder Information Service at DPI and he understands what is required to manage small acreage successfully.
Join our host, Bruce Youl, President of the Dixons Creek Landcare Group, as they demonstrate and discuss: -
• Making the decision to renovate a paddock - When is it necessary? What does it cost & how is it done?
• Planning what’s right for your property - Basic concepts in soil testing, seed selection & land classification
• Doing it the right way - Different techniques available and how to time actions for best results
• Looking at a recently sown paddock - See the “before and after” results of a paddock that was sown down in May this year
• Ongoing property management - Understanding all the impacts on the success of your investment, including things like grazing, weed control, fencing & water management
When: Saturday 23rd August 2014 9.00am-12noon
Where: 1459 Melba Highway, Dixons Creek
Cost: Landcare members $15.00 (non-members $20.00)
Cost includes morning tea, bbq lunch and an A3 aerial map for all Yarra Ranges participants
RSVP: email email@example.com
or call Bruce Youl on 0407 317 831