The information session will provide new, absentee and small-acreage land owners with an introduction to land management of small rural properties.
What is it all about?
The information session will provide new, absentee and small-acreage land owners with an introduction to land management of small rural properties. It will cover a range of land management issues (and solutions) so that rural landholders can put in place plans and take action to better manage their properties, while also improving a property’s environmental, biodiversity and aesthetic values.
There’s lots to learn about how to manage rural land. The information session aims to ensure that land management issues become a core consideration when planning and making decisions about a rural property. Taking timely land management action now will save money, time, and effort later, and can make rural living more enjoyable.
What topics will be covered?
Speakers will present on topics including:
• livestock management and animal welfare • biodiversity
• fencing • controlling weeds and pest animals
• pastures and healthy soils • waterway health and management
• land use and land capability • incentive programs for landholders
• running a small farm • revegetation
• rural landholders’ responsibilities • Landcare - opportunities/benefits