Based on the six-day FarmPlan21 course, this course has been condensed down to a three-day course. It provides an opportunity for landholders to develop a plan for their property based on ecological and
The Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network has secured an Australian Government National Landcare Programme grant to fund two more Property Management Plan Courses, the next of which will be held in Wallan.
The three-day course will be held over three consecutive Saturdays, i.e. 20 & 27 May, & 3 June 2017 at the Wallan Mulit-purpose Community Centre, Wallan.
The course is free (with lunch included) and a laminated aerial property map will be provided to attendees.
The course will be presented by David Stewart from Small Farm Services Victoria.
What’s the course all about?
Based on the six-day FarmPlan21 course, this course has been condensed down to a three-day course.It provides an opportunity for landholders to develop a plan for their property based on ecological andeconomic factors. The property planning process includes an assessment of a property’sassets/features, and natural resource management issues, while considering how best to improve aproperty’s productivity, sustainability and biodiversity values. The following topics will be covered:
- Understanding & assessing your property’s natural features, assets & issues
- Soil types/characteristics/health, land classes/capability, erosion, & pest plants/animals
- Property infrastructure & layout
- Water supplies/storage, land class fencing, & infrastructure
- Pasture & stock management
- Stock & pasture health, productive/cost effective grazing systems
- Creating an attractive, environmentally sustainable property
- Improving your property’s landscape & biodiversity values, managing waterways, & revegetation
Who can attend?The course is limited to landholders from Mitchell Shire and Macedon Ranges Shire with properties of four hectares and above. Attendees must be able to attend all three days of the course and also provide soil test results from their property. The soil test results will be interpreted during the course.
Bookings will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Book online via https://www.eventbrite.com/e/property-management-plan-course-wallan-tickets-33553755185
For more info on getting a soil test contact Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network via firstname.lastname@example.org or 5782 0184 (John Robinson).