The 2018/19 Recreational Fishing Grants Program is now open.
Project proposals between $5,001 and $100,000 qualify for the large grants part of the Program, which has four categories:
• Fisheries sustainability and habitat improvement
• Fishing access and facilities
• Fisheries related education, information and training
• Recreational fisheries research
Previously funded projects include fish cleaning tables, signage, stiles over fences to improve access, fishing platforms and jetties, and re-snagging to improve fish habitat in rivers and lakes.
Who can apply: the Program is open to fishing clubs, community groups, incorporated bodies, and government and statutory bodies.
• Large grants (for projects from $5,001 to $100,000) - close 28 February 2019
• Small grants of up to $5,000 - available year-round.